SENT ON A MISSION

Then I heard the Voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said,"Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Parties and Purchases...



I am thrilled to share that I just purchased flossine sugar on e-bay!! This is so exciting because I will now have the one item that all of my parties have lacked.....cotton candy! For only a few simple dollars we will have 9 flavors to choose from. I must say, I am disappointed that this didn't come to fruition before my daughter's "PINK" birthday party, but I will involve it someway, somehow for my son's "Indian" birthday.

Well, enough about my future tooth decay, what I really wanted to share are the photos from the before mentioned pink birthday party. Elise was so excited that her turn for a party had finally arrived. She loved making the invites and thinking of all the people she wanted to invite. We had the party at a park so that friends could run around or play the variety of 'pink' themed games we had. Michael did a good job of hiding random pink items for the 'I spy something pink' game we played, and as always the pinata was truly a 'hit'. This year the pinata was filled with candy from Guatemala. I wouldn't recommend the mango flavored gum, not quite for my palette anyways!


Elise was elated to see her favorite teacher Miss Lisa!



Let the games begin! Grandma helps them list pink things that could be found in a store. Elise strikes a pose by her ice cream cone pinata. She was both the first and last batter up. Josiah ran for the candy, but after his descent on the sugar strewn area, he realized he would prefer the cone for hat, as noted in the second picture with Elise eating a most tasty piece of cake, goes down smoothly as it was covered by pink frosting! Is there any other way to enjoy cake? The group sings as Elise attempts to distinguish her candles.