SENT ON A MISSION

Then I heard the Voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said,"Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8

Saturday, March 28, 2009

School Days, School Days, Good Old Fashioned Rule Days....

Well, we sure have been up to some school days, but I am not sure how "old fashioned" we have been! Here are some of the fun things that have caught my photography interest. At the begining of February, we studied President's day and some of our well known Presidents. In an effort to remember the names and faces of Washington, Lincoln and Obama, I had the children create their rendition of these forefathers as Wii Mi. I wish I could post the final results here. I think they did a really great job. We made some classic log cabins, and each child added a bit of their own personal flair.


Josiah's was meticulous, even had a handle on the door.


Elise's was mostly mortar, and for some reason her pretzels kept breaking and she thought she should eat the broken ones.

While Mimi and Papa were in town, we celebrated our 100th day of school. Each person was responsible to bring 100 of any type of item. Thank you all who participated online, it was fun to have you at school with us. I must say that everyone impressed me greatly! Papa brought a few types of candy and taught on the difference between 100 pieces and 100 calories:


Elise drug down the stairs an enormous trashbag filled with 100 babies and animals from their toy room:


Josiah selected 100 of the finest Legos:


Mimi brought 100 ants and read a story about the 100 ants marching:
mimi, the picture must be on your camera...sorry!
Titus picked 100 fun stickers:



Michael found 100 rubberbands and showed us the many uses of the amazing item:



I joyfully collected a boquet of 100 twizzlers (and later learned that 2 1/2 equaled 100 calories:(



We also have made sure to add in some physical fitness in the cold months here. On Thursday we enjoyed a family game of golf.......



then on Friday it snowed in a very rare fashion and we were able to go Sledding!! I am so grateful for my ZIPFY. It got some speed even on these little hills.







In an effort to keep from being all work and no play, we decided on Monday night to enjoy a "Dress Up or Dress Down Dinner" where everyone had to come dressed out of their normal attire. We all kept our characters confidential until the dinner bell rang, and my what an ecclectic group we were!


Josiah was Nathan Hale, the first spy for the patriots to be caught and die for his country.
Papa was James Bowie, a hero of the Alamo. (It happened to be Texas Independence day)
Elise was Princess Genevieve from the 12 dancing princesses.
Michael was Al Capone.
Titus was a beach bum.
Mimi was Princess Jasmine.
I was the Queen that was honored by the building of the Taj Mahal.

Who knows what all adventures we will experience this month, but hopefully will share them with you soon.