SENT ON A MISSION

Then I heard the Voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said,"Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8

Sunday, November 1, 2009

August at a glimpse...

When first hearing of our vicarage assignment, we read a lot of books about the area we would be living in. Out of all the activities and fun things to do, the children wanted to go slide down a rock water slide. Finally, on our way out of town, we took an afternoon to do so.



Here the group waits in line, watching others make the descent into the mountain ice melt pool below. I decided to play photographer for this one!



Uncle Matt came out to help us with the trek across the land to our home. Here he helps Titus to get a good view of the events to follow.



Once we arrived back home we got to live with Paul and Jamie and their family. We had to wait 15 days for our new town home to be finished, and although it was a little cramped, it was a lot of fun. Here Oliver and Titus enjoy cousin time together.



Baseball anyone? Paul is about to blast the wiffle ball across a few yards. Matt is in the street ready to field the ball. Both children and adults had a blast at this game.



Close cousins, both in age and friendship. These two boys are a joy to watch interact. Sometimes it is parallel play, other times they are fully engaged with each other. They will share whatever is on their plate (Titus takes, Oliver gives) and they watch each other and repeat the other's sounds. They are the set of twins I had always hoped for...but at the end of the day I am only in charge of one....best of both worlds!





To help the backyard to keep from turning to mud in the fall, Paul and Michael took on a project of laying a brick paver patio. I guess they needed something to do with all their spare time! Michael would return from the Air Force Reserves, Paul from school, and they would get right to work. Of course, Peter kept them both in line.





With my two oldest visiting Grandma and Grandpa, I was able to go out and about the town. Peter would ride his bike and I would push the other two babies quickly to keep up.



We squeezed in a day at the zoo, right after a light rain and before lunch time. Grandma was in town, so together we could manage 5 little ones at this wild place!



Josiah is looking sharp for his first day of school.